Thursday, July 25, 2013

Holiday Hustle QAL : Quilt Details & Supplies

Hey everyone!  Happy Christmas in July!  :)

The other day I announced the Holiday Hustle Quilt Along and I am thrilled that so many of you are excited to make this quilt with me!  This is the first "official" post in the series and we'll chat a little about what you'll need for this quilt.  Ready?


This quilt is called "Holiday Hustle" because the original version was a Christmas quilt that I made in a very short amount of time (last minute!) last year.  With that said, this quilt pattern is appropriate for any collection that you love!  So feel free to participate and stitch it up in a holiday collection or a non-holiday collection.

The Holiday Hustle Quilt is easy-to-piece and beginner friendly.  If you're an experienced quilter, I am sure you'll enjoy the quick project, too.

Requirements for the Quilt (Finished Quilt measures 53" x 60"):
  • 1 Charm Pack (42 5-inch squares)
  • 3/4 yard Solid for sashing
  • 1/2 yard coordinating print for inner border
  • 1 yard coordinating print for outer border
  • 1/2 yard coordinating print for binding
  • 3.5 yards coordinating print for backing
  • Batting (approx 60 x 70)
We do have several kits in limited quantities currently available for the top & binding, including In From the Cold (similar to the original quilt made with Joy by Kate Spain), Aspen Frost, as well as Marmalade.  We are working on making a Winter's Lane version and a few other non-holiday versions available as well (I will update you more on that before our next scheduled post in the series). 

Holiday Hustle QAL Schedule:

  • Thursday, August 1st - Piecing the Blocks
  • Thursday, August 8th - Adding the Sashing & Borders
  • Thursday, August 15th - Quilting & Binding & Linky Post
  • Saturday, August 31st - Linky Closes for Finished Quilts & a Winner is Drawn!
That's all for now!  If you have any questions, please leave a comment or email me at sewlux (at) gmail (dot) com.  Also, if you are on Instagram, follow me - I will be using the #holidayhustleqal on my posts related to this project. 

Hope you'll join the fun!

Happy Sewing!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Chrissy...it looks great! Now to look through my fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to give this a try...will be my first QAL! I have some great
    Holiday fabrics 8 can use!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)