Monday, April 29, 2013

For the love of cheater prints

Monday has pretty much come and gone and after a long cross country flight yesterday with my students, I am whipped!  But before I hit the hay, I wanted to (re)share an easy bag tutorial with you...

Last year, we got this awesome cheater print by Malka Dubrowsky and I love the bag I made with it.  Naturally, when her new line came out, I ordered both cheater prints from the collection. Here's the bag I made last year ...


See the complete tutorial for this quick and easy bag here. (You'll need 1 yard for the exterior and 1 yard for the interior.)  And check out the new cheater prints from Malka's new Simple Marks line here if you'd like to make something similar.

Cheater prints can really help you make something awesome in a hurry.  And I also love that if you are new to free motion quilting (FMQ), these prints by Malka are very forgiving - so have at it!

I am also working on adding lots of new Last Chance (end of bolts and odd cuts) pieces to the store as well.

That's it for now ... its off to bed!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

2 comments:

  1. What a great bag! Love a good cheater print too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My niece uses the bag I made from your tutorial as a travel toy bag. The bright, fun pattern was a hit! I love how quick it came together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)