Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Scrappy Gift Tag Tutorial

So getting sick the week before Christmas is a crafter's nightmare for sure.  Yep ... I came down with the crud on Saturday and haven't done much since.  I think I am finally back on the upswing but we'll see how the rest of the day goes.  

I did play around the weekend before last with a little scrappy gift tag idea.  Here's a quick tutorial for you ... 


Ok, so a card stock rectangle and a strip of green cut with pinking shears (solid works great since we'll see both sides).  My strip is about 1/2 inch or so wide. 


Fold and press the strip into a tree shape.


Lay the tree on the card stock and stitch it down.  (Tip: Use an old need when sewing on paper.)


I used a corner rounder and a oval punch to finish up my tag. 


Then cut out some little circles from another scrap to make ornaments.  I used some cherries - the circles are so small it won't matter that its not Christmas-y.


Place the ornaments where you want them and then just do a quick straight stitch back and forth over each ornament to tack them down. I did rough up the edges of the tree with my fingernail to fray the fabric a little and give some more texture to it.


Then write a message on the bottom, add some ribbon to tie on the package and you are all set!


Hope you enjoyed this quick little tutorial.  :-) 

Happy Sewing! :-) 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely tag...and your handwriting is wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! It would be fun to make all kinds of holiday designs using fabric scraps. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)