Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fabric Flowers

Hey there friends!  I hope you got out and voted today.  :-)

I did a little sewing the other day and made a notebook cover with a fun embellishment and thought I'd share it with you.

I used some linen-look fabric that I had left over from a different project and a floral print that I've had in my stash for awhile.  The basic twisting for the flower is based on Vanessa's technique (I took her Craftsy class).


For the notebook cover pattern, I used the Swatch Book cover pattern from Michelle Patterns - skipping the flap part.  I made a little template so I could draw a circle on the cover and use it as a guide for stitching on my flower.  I added the leaves after, but would add them first next time.


I really love it and have some other ideas for embellished notebooks.  What do you think?

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)