Sunday, March 4, 2012

Still here...

Hi there!  Hope you had a great weekend!  :-)  Sorry that I've been a little MIA around here the last week or so ... it's been a busy couple of weeks.  (For those of you who are new to our blog, I am also a full-time teacher and we've had open houses, curriculum fairs, other exciting deadlines, and I just took 39 students to a marketing competition this weekend!  Whew!)  But, I am getting back on track this week and am excited about a few things that we'll be introducing soon.

And while I haven't had too much opportunity to sew recently, I have been thinking about it!  Have you seen these rose star blocks people are hand piecing?  Check out the Flickr group here.  I sketched out a little mock up the other day (probably when I should have been working on something else ... LOL).


I also picked out a stack of fabrics from my stash ...


Are any of you hand piecing anything?  I'd love to hear about it (and check out your links if you are)!  I was thinking about making a pillow with these and using larger hexagons that I can machine piece.

See you tomorrow (I promise!) :-)

Happy Sewing!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't but have been enjoying watching the piece work offered here:
    http://hillbillyhandiworks.blogspot.com/
    Her 'Aahh' piecing is such a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the rose star blocks. I've completed 5 so far, and now I have stalled a little b/c of a series on my blog!
    Come look at my Flickr here.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/15202717@N07/sets/72157629232987683/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)