Sunday, October 23, 2011

4 x 5 Bee Blocks

Hi there!

I joined the 4 x 5 Modern Bee on Flickr and we finished our first quarter of block swapping a few weeks ago. I thought I'd share the blocks that I made for this round.
Here's a closer view of a few of them...
One of my bee mates requested aqua/turquoise/purple and I used a bunch of prints from my stash.  I really love that I was able to fussy cut this Sugar Pop print for that pretty aqua flower in the top left block.

This yellow/gray/black/white block turned out fun too.  I love this modern color combination.  I used lots of stash prints here too, including some Bella Gray and some Sunkissed dots. I framed all the blocks in Bella White.

The blocks were paper pieced and based on a block that I got from Jeni B - you can see it here. :-)

Later this week, I will share the blocks I got back from my fellow bees.

Happy Sewing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)